Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Why I decided to blog

Anyone who knows me knows that I like to speak my mind.  In the very recent years it seems that so much has happened in my life and there are so many people I want to share absolutely everything with.  But my f/b status will only hold so many characters.  So on the very day that I was going to post that I needed help starting a blog my sister beat me to it (great minds).  And with the help of her friends, here we both are.  Although, depending upon what you are looking for her stories might be more interest....hehehe.

To recap who I am and what I am about I will start with telling you that I grew up in a very small town in the mountains of Northern California.  I considered Yosemite my backyard and in fact spent several winters skiing there.  I come from a family of very modest means, my high school was small and the town was such that everyone knew everyone.  You know the place; that one horse town that everyone can't wait to get out of.  But looking back now I am glad to have been raised the way I was.  20+ years later I can go to graduation and see teachers I haven't seen since my own school days and they still know me.  I firmly believe that growing up the way I did has made me who I am today and has helped me become the mother I am.

Which brings me to my kids.  I am the mother of 2 fantastic boys and one amazing girl.  I believe in raising "gentlemen" and "ladies".  I also believe that parents should play an active roll in their children's life which includes being involved in the lives of their friends.  I sleep with my cell phone on & next to my bed.  I have taken midnight calls from kids I barely know because they need help and don't know where to turn.  Most weekends we have a houseful of kids and I wouldn't have it any other way.  That's who I am, that's what I do.  My high school mascot is the Grizzly.  Coincidentally my children's high school mascot is the Bruin.  Research shows that out of all the bears the Grizzly mother is the most protective and caring over her young.  The Grizzly mother is also known to be the most fierce when her young are threatened.  That's me.

I am new to this whole blogging thing so who knows what will become of it.  But if you are interested, I welcome you to follow.  You will read stories of my kids, my husband, my travels.  You may even come across a recipe or two.  I like to share my thoughts.  I hope you will like to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment